Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Elizabeth question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DD noticed that Nellie's promise is dated 1906. Does anyone know if Elizabeth's story will be in 1776?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Probably it will take place AFTER Changes for Felicity, so it will be in 1776. I think it may have more of the Revolution in it.

    Wish they made a Felicity mystery. That would be neat!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 04, 2005 09:46 AM: Message edited by: AGTeacher ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member kymmy3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2003
    Posts
    323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow that would be aweome if her story was 1776 - exactly 200 years before I was born!

    I can't wait to see Elizabeth.

    Kym

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The title of the Elizabeth story sounds too light hearted to resolve any questions. My guess is that it will take place at about the same time as " learns a lesson".
    I hope that the questions about Elizabeth are resolved in the movie. Why did her family leave England? What circumstances will happen to cause her to change her loyalty to England. She is an " American Girl " therefore she must stay here.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member brisingamen's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Pat B:

    I hope that the questions about Elizabeth are resolved in the movie. Why did her family leave England? What circumstances will happen to cause her to change her loyalty to England. She is an " American Girl " therefore she must stay here.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Please remember at the time of the stories most people in the Commonwealth of Virginia considered themselves to be *English*.

    It is very clear from _Felicity Learns A Lesson_ that Elizabeth's loyalty to England was the common view (she didn't change to it). In fact, Annabelle considers the move to Virginia to be quite a come down...

    I've checked the above book, and as far as I can tell no reason is given as to why Elizabeth's family moved to Virginia.

    Lori, Felicity & Willow

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kym-
    You and I are the same age! We're both bicentennial babies! [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Elizabeth and Annabelle could have been sheltered from the real reason why they left England. If the situation was as ideal as Annabell said they would have stayed there. Could there have been a financial loss of some kind ? Was family property willed to another relative ?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought it was implied that Elizabeth's father was involved in government? In "Happy Birthday" he seemed very involved with the British government, so I just figured he was there for those reasons. I haven't read Felicity's series in a while though, so I may be remembering wrong. Guess I should read it again soon in anticipation of Elizabeth!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member gingerharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would just love to find out more about Elizabeth's life in England. I read in one of the books that they had a governess, so they were probably pretty cushy.
    I would love to hear about it and find out why the Cole's came to America. Also I hope stupid Bananabelle learns how to be nice instead of the snob she usually is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •